Total Pageviews

Friday, November 19, 2010

Brief Separation

In the 13 years that I've been married, I haven't been separated from my husband more than two or three nights.  He was sent on a few business trips that resulted in these brief separations and I always had kids at home to keep me busy.  The days usually went by pretty quick; with the occasional phone call to update me on his schedule and return.  But today my husband left to go visit his parents for 9 nights!  That is just unacceptable!
Only, it's not.  How do you say no to someone you love when they want to visit their parents? You don't.  He only gets to see them once a year when we take the family there for two weeks in the summer.  His dad is about to be 71 and they live in the middle of  No Where, West Virginia.  (That's just outside of Charleston, in case you were wondering.)  We don't have the extra money to take the family out for a visit, so he went on his own.  He will be busy visiting and reminiscing so the time will fly by for him.  Before he realizes it, it will be time to come back.  I on the other hand will not be busy visiting and reminiscing.  I will be waiting...and praying... sniff sniff :)
Okay, my little pity party is over... back to reality.  It won't be that bad. I just pray for his safe return and a wonderful visit with his family.  I have a book to write and with all this extra time on my hands, who knows.  It may be finished by the time he returns!

No comments:

Post a Comment