Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Middle of the week

It's Wednesday already! I have a rare opportunity that most people don't.  My husband works second shift.  He gets home early enough that he can sleep a good eight hours and still get up in the morning and spend the day with me.  When we got married, I had a seven year old daughter and a three year old daughter.  He had an eight year old son and a six year old daughter.  Needless to say, we didn't get much "alone" time.  We were a busy young family and the years flew past.  Our youngest daughter is now 17.  Doesn't seem possible, but it's true. We are just now starting to see what "alone" time really is.  I get to spend every day with my husband and most evenings with my daughter.  I feel truly blessed!  Being the youngest, she never really got much one on one time with either of us.  Now that she is the last one at home, she is getting that time.  Not your typical teenager, she gets along with us very well.  I am thankful for the time I get to spend with my husband; and I am thankful for the time I get to spend with my daughter, as well. Whatever stage you are in with your family, I hope you take the time to enjoy it.  It doesn't matter if you are just starting out or if you are facing an empty nest.  Enjoy it!  It won't last long...

No comments:

Post a Comment